What is Railex
Railex is an innovative distribution platform designed to enhance logistics, distribution, consumer demands and inventory control.
The Railex platform currently features:
- Three refrigerated, mega-transload distribution centers; in Delano, California; Wallula, Washington; and Rotterdam, New York
- Strategically located facilities, providing over 225,000 square feet of separate computer controlled temperature zones and offers five (5) day coast-to-coast rail transit with storage services at each distribution center
- Temperature controlled unit trains that have the capacity and availability to transport refrigerated merchandise each and every week
- Unit trains that consist of 64-foot series cars with fresh air exchange, GPS tracking and temperature control
- The latest technologies with its own infrastructure and private non-stop rail service to ensure multiple weekly departures on a consistent schedule 52 weeks a year
Railex is recognized by the US EPA as a SmartWay Transport Partner.